Camarata Masonry Systems, Ltd. was granted the Commercial “A” Contractor accreditation designation which is reserved for the largest commercial natural stone contractors in the United States. MIA Accreditation for natural stone fabricators and commercial contractors recognizes those companies that meet the industry’s highest standards for business activities, product knowledge, fabrication and installation. The MIA accredits companies, not individuals.
To earn MIA Accreditation, a company must complete an intensive, rigorous process that includes documentation of its business and employment practices, letters of recommendation, a written examination and site visits to the facility and completed jobs.
Companies that achieve MIA Accreditation exemplify best practices in these areas:
- Physical facilities and equipment
- Business and trade practices
- Technical knowledge and expertise
- Quality control
- Customer service and education
- Advertising and promotion
- Employee policies including training, discipline and termination
The MIA offers three categories of Accreditation:
- Natural Stone Fabricator (primarily residential interior)
- Commercial A Contractor (heavy commercial)
- Commercial B Contractor (light commercial).
A company may be accredited in more than one category, depending on its business model.
The Accreditation Program continues the MIA’s more than 60-year history of promoting excellence and accountability in the natural stone industry. For residential or commercial applications, MIA Accreditation signifies that a natural stone fabricator or contractor:
- is experienced in stone fabrication, installation and maintenance
- is a solid, reputable business
- operates in a responsible manner in compliance with OSHA standards
- is dedicated to a quality product, quality installation and total customer satisfaction.